The City Directory

Overview

The City Directory contains all of the properties available to Cabin Citizens for coliving in nature. It effectively determines which neighborhoods are inside of Cabin’s city limits. Access to paid coliving offers in the City Directory are only available to Cabin Citizens.

Caretakers (folks who own and care for coliving properties) can post their properties to the City Directory. Their property will start as “an outpost.” When outposts with at least 4 bedrooms with 20 mbps internet speeds receive 1000 ₡ in votes, they become an official neighborhood and a part of our network city.

The City Directory is governed as a simple token curated registry (TCR). This means that holders of ₡ABIN are able to allocate votes to the properties that they think are most aligned with Cabin’s vision of a network of beautiful properties for nature-loving remote workers.

Together, the Census and City Directory serve as a community sensemaking and coordination layer, allowing prospective neighborhoods to find like-minded community members, build reputation, and assemble resources.

FAQ

For Everyone:

• What is the difference between an outpost and a neighborhood?

An outpost is any property that a Citizen posts to the City Directory. A neighborhood is an outpost that has at least four bedrooms, >20 mbps internet speed, and 1000 ₡ in community upvotes.

• How do I get access to the City Directory?

To get access to the City Directory, you need to have a profile on Cabin’s Census and be vouched for as a Citizen. Visit cabin.city to make an account and get started.

• What is a “Token Curated Registry?” and why is it useful for Cabin’s vision of building a network city?

Token Curated Registries do away with the need for a centralized list owner, and instead create economic incentives for decentralized list curation.

In the context of Cabin’s network of coliving neighborhoods, a TCR allows the curation of properties to be decided by a broad community rather than an individual or small group of individuals. Because Cabin is distributed across many geographies, it makes sense to let the Cabin Citizens traveling to all the properties to collectively decide which properties are most aligned with Cabin’s vision.

You can read more about TCRs here: What is a Token Curated Registry? | by Token Curated Registry | Medium

For Property Owners:

• How do I list my property on the City Directory?

Citizens can list their properties on the City Directory by logging onto cabin.city.

• Are there any specifications my property must include?

There are no specifications for your property to become an outpost on the City Directory. However, to become a neighborhood, your property must have the following characteristics:

• At least four bedrooms
    • Internet speeds of at least 20+ mbps.
    • At least 1000 ₡ABIN in community upvotes on the City Directory.
  • Why is it in my interest for my outpost to become a neighborhood?

We have aggregated demand of thousands of people interested in coliving - properties in our network should want to host great experiences so that they can more rapidly become neighborhoods and benefit from that excess demand. Citizens want to stay at the best properties.