This proposal’s purpose is to fund more podcast episodes and further position Cabin as a community where ambitious, thoughtful people reimagine how we live. The USDC costs per episode for this fellowship are 11% lower than in previous seasons to keep the team and budget lean.
Rebooting Campfire for another season has four complimentary goals. A longform storytelling platform allows Cabin to:
- Build partnerships with others reimagining how we live.
- Learn and adopt practices that have been successful for organizations operating in similar spaces to Cabin, which may inform experiments incubated by the recently-passed Cabin Labs fellowship.
- Further the Cabin story and build on our own narrative. Cabin is dynamic and multifaceted - it’s important that we have a platform to share the nuance of what we are learning and doing for a range of stakeholders.
- Grow the audience of people interested in building a network city
Editorially, season three will pick up where season two left off - we can bring on guests that are pioneering new models for living.
To produce 26 episodes by July 1, we are requesting $28,860 and 1,170 CABIN
- Sponsor: Jackson Steger
- Steward: Jackson Steger
- Members: Colin (aka prodcolin), contractors and other token holders like Philippe or Dino as needed
What are the OKRs for this proposal?
- Objective: Resume weekly episodes of Campfire for the first half of 2024.
- Key Results:
- 26 episodes released by July 1.
- Each episode will come with a highly produced asset(s) for social media to be shared on the Cabin Twitter and Instagram feeds.
- 100% increase in current Campfire listenership
The following budget will allow for highly-produced, well-researched episodes to be created and released each week for six months. On a per episode basis, this has 11% lower USDC expenses and 63% lower CABIN expenses than the last podcast fellowship that the DAO approved ($1,110 now vs. $1,240 before and 45 CABIN now vs. 123 CABIN before).
*Funds that are not spent will be returned to the DAO upon conclusion of the fellowship
One episode will be created and released each week for six months. This will be completed by July 1st. One episode is already recorded and is ready to be edited. Upon a proposal passing, an existing list of prospective guests will receive invitations to come on the show. Other guests who have already agreed to come on the show will record their episodes. If any prospective guests decline their invitations, we will find other guests.
If our OKRs are met and the fellowship feels fulfilled in its work, it may request to renew its fellowship via another DAO vote next summer.